Friday, May 25, 2012

Self-Control

Today was all about self-control.
Walking into the Beatty Building this morning, I saw my Professor.  She said, “Oh great, Tracie will we come grab something out of my car and bring it in for me?”  Without hesitation I said yes.  When I got to her car she hands me a bag with two-dozen donuts from Dunkin’ Donuts that she would be handing out to my class.  On my walk to the classroom, I kept thinking, maybe I could have just one or if there’s a chocolate frosted (my favorite donut) I might just have to have it.  But by the time I sat in my seat I told myself that having a donut would probably throw off my sugar levels for the rest of the day and that it wasn’t worth it.  I’m proud to say that I did have self-control, but it was hard.  Once class started my professor placed the two boxes of donuts at the end of my table - eight inches away from me.  For the rest of the three and a half hours I could smell those donuts.  Rough day for a diabetic.

Walking out of class I thought to myself, “Jeez, why is God tempting me so much with the food I use to love lately?”  Here’s a little something to remember…

“And remember, when someone wants to do wrong it is never God who is tempting Him, for God never wants to do wrong and never tempts anyone else to do it.  Temptation is the pull of man’s own evil thoughts and wishes.” James 1:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment