Saturday, May 26, 2012

Little Reminders

My last post got me thinking, especially this line: “Jeez, why is God tempting me so much with the food I use to love lately?”  Well I think I got an answer and it doesn’t just apply to my sweat tooth.  This may be a little hard for me to articulate, but I’ll do my best.
I think God sometimes puts little reminders in our lives once in a while to show us a glimpse of how you use to be and how far you’ve come.  I mean, in this case God was showing me that yeah, the temptation was tough, but it wasn’t impossible like I thought it would be lying in the hospital bed hearing my diagnosis.  Have you ever come across someone who reminded them of you a year, maybe two years ago?  Either by how narrow minded, or judgmental, or timid they were? I have and it made me realize that I have grown (for the better, in my opinion), because sometimes I feel that I have not changed and I’ve just remained stagnant.  It’s a good feeling; its almost like God is patting me on the back and saying, “well done, I’m proud of you, look how far you’ve come!”
So when these moments of temptation occur and you think twice, think a third time and realize the person you are becoming, because you just might be proud of yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment