Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Very Talented Family

After a few days being diabetic, I realized I would have to carry my insulin with me EVERYWHERE I went.  This was a big deal only because I have never liked carrying a purse, but I am making drastic changes in my life.  When I as at the hospital Carla gave me my insulin, meter, and pricker.  All this came in a very boring black square case.  I was told never to leave home without it.
Well these days, I've ditched the boring black and upgraded to a fun green pattern.  My sister Amy, a very talented sewer, has made me a new pouch to spice up being diabetic. Here are some pictures. If any of you diabetics out there are interested I'm sure my sister would be able to make you one with the fabric of your chose, just let me know!



She took out the holder for my meter from my old case and sewed it in here.
A little pouch for old needles.
And another for new needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment